Are you having difficulty with the SimpliSafe outdoor camera installation? No need to worry! I had the same issue while setting up the camera system at my property. After going through a lot of struggle, I managed to get my security cameras in action.
But I want to help you make it easy. So let’s not waste time and dive into this detailed guide so you won’t have to go through the same issues that I faced!
Quick Answer on How To Install Simplisafe Outdoor Camera
For your ease, you should split your SimpliSafe outdoor camera installation into different sections which include the following:
- Finding the ideal location;
- Placing the camera;
- Pairing with the app.
However, these guidelines are the basics only. Continue reading as I explain the installation process in detail and shed light on making the best use of the app. Also, get insights into the best tips for managing the SimpliSafe camera and some other alternatives. So without any further ado, let’s dive into this guide!
SimpliSafe Camera Set-Up Guide
To enhance my home security, I recently purchased the latest Simplisafe wireless outdoor camera. The things that amazed me were its Full HD video, digital zoom, colorful night vision, and the feature to ignore distractions. But, I had to fulfill some requirements before installing my new piece of tech. Let me share them with you.
Pre Requirement to Install SimpliSafe Outdoor Camera
The following are the must-have items for proper installation:
- A SimpliSafe Base Station and Keypad of the latest generation with up-to-date firmware;
- SimpliSafe Mobile App;
- A screwdriver;
- A 7/64 drill bit;
- Compatible USB adapter ( 5V, 7.5W+, 1.5A+, not included);
- A High-speed 2.4GHz network connection for wireless connectivity.
Now, if you have completed all the prerequisites, follow the guide below for the installation process of the outdoor camera:
Step 1: Select the Mounting Location For SimpliSafe Outdoor Camera Setup
Finalize the mounting area and make sure that the view is clear and within the range of the Wi-Fi network. I have installed mine at the front and back entrances of my property to ensure the entry points to the house are safe.
Step 2: Installing the Mounting Bracket
Now, install the mounting bracket by drilling holes into the wall. Use the screws and screwdriver to secure the SimpliSafe outdoor camera in place.
Step 3: Attaching the Camera
Once the bracket is secured, attach the outdoor camera to the mounting bracket. Note: Double-check to ensure that it is secured.
Step 4: Establishing Connection Via the App
Power up the camera and connect it to the Wi-Fi router of your home/office. Make use of the SimpliSafe app and follow these step-by-step instructions:
- In the app window, choose the option of adding a new camera.
- For the next step, you will have to push the set-up button that is located on the back of the camera. In response, you will hear a voice alert and then you will be able to name your camera.
- When everything is done, you can easily view your live stream.
For a more detailed explanation, check out this helpful video:
Step 5: Adjusting Settings
After the outdoor cameras are synched with the SimpliSafe app. You can rename your cameras like backyard cam or front cam and also can navigate through the settings and then tap on the “camera setting” and make the following adjustments:
- You can change the video quality of the camera and choose from three options i.e. 480, 720, and 1080p.
- Also, you can toggle through the motion detection setting and swipe toward the right to increase the motion sensitivity. Also, you can turn on or off the motion sensor notifications.
- Moreover, you can turn on the siren feature in camera settings to alert the neighbors in case of any event.
Critical Considerations For SimpliSafe Outdoor Camera Installation and Management
Here are some important pointers that I recommend to follow to avoid any problems. Let’s dive in:
- Range of Router: Make sure that the Base Station or the outdoor camera is within the range of the router. If the connection is weak, I recommend you opt for a Wi-FI extender.
- Avoid Interruptions: The camera and Wi-Fi should be aligned in such a way that there are minimum objects (walls, doors, etc) between them.
- Double-check the SimpliSafe Camera’s Battery: Fully charge the batteries and place them inside the camera before mounting them on the wall.
- Power Surge Safety: The power source for the SimpliSafe system should be safe from voltage fluctuations and surges. Note: If you have any doubt then coupling a voltage stabilizer with the camera system is a smart choice.
- Mount Properly: The base mount should be securely installed on the wall via the screws provided and check the camera properly after mounting it.
- Restarting: Minor issues and glitches in the camera can be easily resolved by restarting the camera.
Why Opting For SimpliSafe is the Best Pick
The following features of the SimpliSafe attracted me most which compelled me to invest in it. Let me share them with you.
- Easy Installation: The SimpliSafe outdoor camera is wireless and battery-powered. I had no problems installing it on my property.
- Audio Transmission: The outdoor camera comes built-in with a two-way audio feature allowing you to communicate with any guests at your doorstep.
- Motion Detection: Even the slightest movement is detected by the camera and an instant prompt/alert is sent to the mobile phone.
- Night Vision: Low light or dark conditions are not a problem for the camera as it has night vision capabilities. The camera’s live feed offers image/video clarity regardless of less light in the surrounding environment.
- High-Quality Video: I was amazed by the video clarity as the camera offers 1080p HD quality.
- Weather Resistance: Most of the SimpliSafe cameras come with an IP rating. This makes them resistant to cold, rain, heat, moisture, dust, and other environmental factors.
- Easy Access: The SimpliSafe app allows you to access the live feed from anywhere and at any time via your mobile phone.
Other Substitutes for the SimpliSafe Outdoor Camera
After conducting thorough market research, I have come up with some alternatives for SimpliSafe. These alternatives offer various advantages like improved weather resistance, excellent build quality, additional motion detection features, night vision, and more. Check out the table below and learn more about them:
SimpliSafe Wireless Home Security System with Outdoor Camera
Yes (Works in snow and rain from -4°F to 122°F or -20°C to 50°C)
Arlo Pro 3
Yes (Certified to withstand heat, cold, rain, or sun.)
Nest Cam with floodlight
Wired (100-240V AC)
SimpliSafe Outdoor Camera Manual
In case you have any difficulty and are unable to solve your problem, I would recommend you consult the user manual. It will help you with easy installation and also enlighten you about different settings that you’ll be missing out on.
Does the SimpliSafe outdoor camera need to be hardwired?
No, not all SimpliSafe outdoor cameras need to be hardwired as most models offer battery-operated capabilities.
Does SimpliSafe offer a wired outdoor camera?
SimpliSafe outdoor cameras are wireless. They operate on batteries and you can use them via the official app.
How do I install a SimpliSafe outdoor wireless camera?
To install the Simplisafe camera, charge the battery and mount the camera to the desired location. Follow the instructions in the app to complete the process.
Where should I put my SimpliSafe outdoor camera?
You should install SimpliSafe cameras at major entry points such as the garage area, side door, front entrance, first-floor windows, and backyard.
Can I install SimpliSafe outdoor cameras myself?
Yes! You can install the SimpliSafe camera by using mounting brackets and then completing the remaining process via the app.
The final say is that Simplisafe outdoor camera installation is not a difficult thing to do. Select the appropriate location for the camera installation like the entrance of the house, front of the garage, or at the backward entry point. Use mounting brackets for a stable installation. Once, the camera is placed in its location, use the app and follow the on-screen guidelines for proper setup.
Always make sure your camera batteries are properly charged and use a Wi-Fi extender if you are experiencing weak signals. If you want to go for other options other than SimpliSafe, you can opt for Arlo 3 or Blink Outdoor camera.
- Can You Use Google Nest Mini Without Wi-Fi? Bluetooth Is an Option
- Do Ring Cameras Record All the Time: The Truth Revealed!
- How Many Blink Cameras Can You Have on One Module? Revealed!
- Can I Use Blink Mini Without A Subscription? Is A Subscription Required?
- Arlo Pro 4 vs Pro 5: Which One is the Best Security Camera