Have you ever wondered what the best air purifier for 500 square feet of rooms is? How do you choose the most suitable purifier for your room, kitchen, and office?
Well, air purifiers have become popular and must-have devices after the pandemic. From SARS-CoV-2 to smog and odor in your kitchen, an air purifier filters anything harmful from the air.
But let’s dive deep into the question!
A Quick Answer
It takes a lot of work to find out the best air purifier. You can consider a purifier good if it has these features:
- Powerful filtration system
- High CADR rating
- Several layers of filters, including HEPA
- Protection from microscopic bacteria and viruses
- Smog, smoke, and odor-removing ability
- Proven success rate
I have researched and found the 8 best large room air purifiers. Let me give you an overview with a comparison table first.
Best Air Purifiers: Comparison Table
1. Carbon Filter
2. H13 True HEPA Filter
635 sq. ft.
1. Fabric Pre-filter
2. Carbon Filter
3. Main Particle Filter
1. Fabric Pre-filter
2. Carbon Filter
3. Main Particle Filter
912 sq. ft.
1. Activated Carbon
2. Washable Pre-Filter
3. Green True HEPA
780 sq. ft.
1. Activated Carbon Filter
2. H13 HEPA
527 sq. ft.
1. H14 HyperHEPA Filter
3. Activated Carbon
1125 sq. ft.
1. HEPA Air Filter
500 sq. ft.
1. True HEPA
2. Activated Carbon
3. Washable Pre-Filter
930 sq. ft.
1. Best Overall Performance: Levoit Core 600S
- Super fast air filtering
- Schedule cleaning option
- Sleep mode for noiseless operation
- Optimal for large room air cleaning
- Display lock option for uninterrupted performance
- Lightweight and portable
- Self-adjusting mode
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Not good tobacco smoke
Levoit Core 600S is one of the best air purifiers to filter 500 square feet+ area. Levoit has always secured a place among large-room air purifiers; my list is no different.
It is a smart purifier with three-stage of filtration. You can monitor indoor air quality remotely and change the purifier’s settings with app connectivity.
Levoit Core 600S Features
By the way, why is the Levoit Core 600S at the top of our list? You shall find out when you see its features.
- This purifier can purify 635 square feet area within 12 minutes.
- It offers a voice command feature that works with Google Assistant and Alexa.
- The fan speed is adjustable with the help of auto mode.
- The VeSync app keeps you updated about indoor air quality; you can even remotely command this air purifier with your phone.
- The three pre-installed filters capture and remove large particles, smaller particles, pet hair, allergens, mold spores, and whatnot.
Levoit Core 600S Specification
Take a look at the specification of this HEPA air purifier.
Levoit Core 600S
Activated Carbon Filter , H13 HEPA Filter, Pre-Filter
Pollen-437, Dust-373, Smoke-377
635 sq ft
Touch, Voice control
12.3 x 12.3 x 23.6 inches
Smart Air Purifier, User Manual, Pre-installed Filter
2. Best Large Room Purifier: Blueair Blue Pure 211+ Auto
- High energy efficiency
- Five different fabrics for pre-filter
- Low noise levels
- 45% faster filtration
- Suitable for asthma and allergy patients
- Remove breathing issues
- No Wi-Fi connectivity
Blueair Blue Pure 211+ is another high-performance air purifier with an ultra-advanced filtration system. It can clean up to 55o square feet area within 12.5 minutes.
This purifier has an integrated sensor to measure air pollutants, VOCs, and smoke from the surroundings. The filters are reliable and have proven filtering records.
Blueair Blue Pure 211+ Features
Let me now tell you what the features of this purifier are.
- HEPASilent Dual filtration provides incredible performance and cleaning.
- The air quality indicator gives accurate information through an LED display.
- The display has auto-dimming and auto-brighten-up technology.
- The carbon filter removes wildfire smoke, smog, and bad odor.
- You can expect an extended main particle filter life for the powerful pre-filter.
- The auto-mode helps to automatically adjust the fan speed.
Blueair Blue Pure 211+ Specification
Let’s have a glance at the Blueair purifier’s specifications.
Blueair Blue Pure 211+
Fabric Pre-filter, Activated Carbon, Main Particle Filter
Smoke-353, Dust-347, Pollen-380
550 sq ft
13 x 13 x 20 inches
Air Purifier, Pre-installed Filter
3. Best Value-for-Money: Blueair Blue Pure 411 Auto
- Compact and lightweight design
- Easy to move and place
- Lowest noise levels
- Optimal for smoke and odor filtering
- Affordable price range
- 360-degree air filtration
- Lack auto-timing
Another excellent air purifier from Blueair is Blue Pure 411. It also has an ultra-advanced filtration system that can clean 912 Square feet within an hour.
It is one of the quietest air purifiers you can think of, with a noise level of less than 20 dB. The manufacturer has maintained standards set by Energy Star and AHAM. Therefore, it is a reliable, Ozone-free purifier.
Blueair Blue Pure 411 Features
Blue Pure 411 has some notable features. Let me tell you one by one.
- The 3 layers of filtration can capture airborne particles, mold spores, dust mites, and pet dander.
- There is a one-touch auto-mode that constantly changes the fan speed.
- The air intake in Blue Pure 411 is 360 degrees to ensure maximum cleaning output.
- It captures 99.99% of allergens and pollens and provides satisfactory breathing space.
- The filter quality indicator shows the time of getting replacement filters.
- For wildfire season, it offers to add an extra SmokeBlock filter.
Blueair Blue Pure 411 Specification
Let us find out what specifications it offers.
Blueair Blue Pure 411
Fabric Pre-filter, Activated Carbon Filter, Main Particle Filter
Smoke-107, Dust-123, Pollen-96
912 sq ft
7.9 x 7.9 x 16.7 inches
Air Purifier, Pre-installed Filter
4. Best Smart and Innovative: Coway Airmega 400S
- Large room coverage
- Schedule cleaning
- Wi-Fi and mobile app connectivity
- Voice control
- Eco mode for low energy consumption
- Auto-alert for filter change
- Ineffective in cooking smell removing
- Bulky appearance
In the air purifier industry, Coway has always brought different products. This Coway Airmega 440S is one of the best large-room air purifiers that can clean up to 780 square feet within 15 minutes.
The HyperCaptive Air Filtration offers real-time air purification from fine particles, dust mites, pollens, odors, and smoke. But the best part of the Coway 440S is its smart features.
Coway Airmega 400S Features
What are the features of this purifier? Let me show you one by one.
- The powerful filtration system removes most particulate matter and airborne particles.
- The carbon filter reduces volatile organic compounds, gases, bad odors, and cooking smells.
- The Coway IoCare app provides remote air quality monitoring and a voice command facility.
- The Smart Mode automatically adjusts the fans for better airflow and circulation.
- You can schedule the filtering with the auto-timer option.
Coway Airmega 400S Specification
Now let me tell you the specification of this air purifier.
Coway Airmega 400S
Activated Carbon, Washable Pre-Filter, Green True HEPA Air Filter
Smoke-328, Dust-328, Pollen-400
780 sq ft
14.8x 14.8x 22.8 inches
5. Best for Pet Owners: Bissell Air320 Max
- Auto and Sleep-mode
- Auto indicator for filter change
- Optimal for pet hair capturing
- Suitable for capturing wildfire smoke
- 5 options for fan speed
- Easy to maintain
- No app connectivity
Bissell Air320 Max is a medical-grade air purifier with a large room coverage. It also offers 3 stages of filtration that can capture 0.3 microns.
The carbon filters are optimal for capturing smells, odors, and volatile organic compounds. The home appliance manufacturers like Bissell have to maintain AHAM standards. Therefore, this effective air purifier is certified by AHAM.
Bissell Air320 Max Features
Let’s now see the amazing features of this HEPA air purifier.
- The medical-grade H13 filter removes any traces of particles, allergens, bacterial agents, and whatnot.
- The fans in Bissell air purifiers are industrial-grade, and they can provide faster filtration.
- The soft-touch dial gives easy access and control for the users.
- The PM 2.5 sensor keeps updating the air quality, and you can act accordingly.
- The five different fan speeds are suitable for maximum and minimum filtration.
Bissell Air320 Max Specification
Now you can look at the specification of the Bissell Air320 Max.
Bissell Air320 Max
Activated Carbon, H13 HEPA Air Filter, Pre-Filter
Smoke-211, Dust-221, Pollen-245
527 sq ft
8.3 x 14.75 x 25 inches
6. Best Medical-Grade and Powerful: IQAir HealthPro Plus
- Cost-effective and durable performance
- Effective against the Covid-19 virus
- Best for allergy and asthma patients
- Eco-friendly Product
- Maximum total efficiency
- No Ion, Ozone, or UVC light
- Produce less noise
- Heavy to move
IQAir HealthPro Plus is a top-notch medical-grade air purifier with a considerable success rate against the Covid-19 virus. It has received positive reviews from medical professionals and even got awards for its raw performance.
The superior H14 HEPA filters used in this purifier provide not only fine particles but also ultrafine particle removal. The 320-degree airflow can remove volatile organic compounds, pet hair, smoke, allergens, and whatnot.
IQAir HealthPro Plus Features
IQAir HealthPro Plus is replete with some extraordinary features. Let’s see.
- The H14 HEPA captures ultrafine 0.003-micron particles, harmful chemicals, and most airborne viruses.
- The HealthPro series purifiers are ultra-quiet air cleaners that produce low-decibel sound only.
- The purified does not need to replace filters every six months; it needs filter change after 2-4 years.
- The patented V5-Cell helps reduce bad odors, gases, and kitchen smells.
- The filter change indicator tells you when to change the filter.
IQAir HealthPro Plus Specification
Take a brief look at the HealthPro Plus air purifier.
IQAir HealthPro Plus
Activated CarbonH14 HyperHEPA Filter, Pre-Filter
Pollen, Dust, Smoke-300
1125 sq ft
15 x 16 x 28 inches
7. Best for Long-Term Use: Honeywell InSight HPA5300
- Auto-timer on/off option
- Most suitable for wildfire smoke
- Good display quality
- Four levels of cleaning
- Additional odor filtering option
- No control lock option
- Pricey filters
Honeywell HPA5300 is another powerful purifier for filtering 500 sq ft large rooms. The filtering performance is satisfactory because of its reliable HEPA filter.
This purifier has a number of air-cleaning filters, including the TurboClean. It provides fresh breathing air free of larger particles like pet dander, human hair, molds, and microscopic particles like viruses.
Honeywell Insight HPA5300 Features
Now let us see the features of large room air purifiers from Honeywell.
- The powerful HEPA filter can clean a 500 sq ft area within 12.5 minutes.
- This air purifier has four cleaning options: Turbo, Pollen, General, and Microscopic.
- This model is one of the InSight Series certified by Energy Star for its efficiency.
- The intelligent sensor monitors and provides data about air quality.
- The pre-filter provides an excellent odor-reducing, smoke-removing performance.
- The automatic cleaning mode provides better air circulation when required.
Honeywell Insight HPA5300 Specification
Take a swift glance at the specification of this air purifier.
Honeywell Insight HPA5300
HEPA Air Filter, Pre-Filter
Smoke, Dust, Pollen- Average
500 sq ft
10.8x 19.1 x 22.3 inches
8. Best for Covid-19: Coway Airmega 250
- Best for antimicrobial defense
- Automated cleaning mode
- Six different fan modes
- Lower noise at the lowest speed
- Auto indication for filter change
- Easy maintenance and replacement
- Faulty Coway IoCare app
Airmega 250 is another excellent device from the Coway brand. It has a sleek, stylish design with a medium dimension. So, it can fit into all sorts of rooms.
The HyperCaptive Filtration system is so powerful that it can clean air from 930 sq ft within 30 minutes. Apart from that, it is also a good air purifier for SARS-CoV-2 protection.
Coway Airmega 250 Features
Let’s now see the features of Coway Airmega 250.
- The Rapid Mode boosts up the cleaning process within a short time.
- You can schedule the machine for 1, 4, and 8 hours based on your need.
- The activated carbon filter captures VOCs and harmful gases like NH3 and CH3CHO.
- The Smart Mode offers to auto-adjust fan speed.
- There is an indicator of air quality to show you how polluted or fresh the air is.
- The 3 layers of filters capture nanoparticles up to 0.01 microns.
Coway Airmega 250 Specification
Have a brief look at the specification of the Coway Airmega 250 air purifier.
Coway Airmega 250
Pre-Filter, True HEPA Filter, Active Carbon Filter
Pollen-230, Dust-261, Smoke-249
930 sq ft
8.3 x 18.5 x 19.7 inches
Air Purifier, Filter
How to Check Air Quality by Yourself?
Environmental protection agency has Air Quality Index (AQI) to measure outdoor air quality. They measure air pollution, CO, ozone level, and other chemicals in the air. However, how can you check the quality by yourself?
- You can use Apps like AirCare to learn about your locality’s air condition.
- Air quality monitoring devices like Amazon Smart or AirKnight can show the possible condition.
- You can buy a reliable smart purifier that shows quality.
With all these, you can check the air quality easily.
When do You Need a Smart Purifier?
Many purifiers do not offer advanced features. But it is better to have a smart product, isn’t it? You need a smart air purifier:
- When you want remote access to the filtering device
- When you don’t want a manual change of fan speed
- When you want to schedule the cleaning of your rooms
- When you are comfortable with voice command
- When you want regular updates and easy maintenance
So, it is always better to have smart air purifiers for your large rooms.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do air purifiers work in large spaces?
Yes, air purifiers work perfectly well in larger spaces. But it requires strong and powerful filters.
Does room size matter for an air purifier?
Yes, room size always matters for the perfect cleaning of a room. A large room needs a large-capacity purifier, and smaller rooms need proportionate air purifiers.
How do I calculate air purifier capacity?
CADR or CFM rating is the best way to calculate the capacity of a purifier.
How many square feet does the air doctor purifier cover?
The air doctor purifier covers from 285 to 2000 square feet.
Where should you not put an air purifier?
You should not keep an air purifier in a corner, against the wall, or even beside big furniture.
The best air purifier for a 500 square feet room should have features like durable performance, High CADR, better protection against viruses and bacteria, and fine particle capturing filters. I highly recommend Levoit Core 600S, for it offers such features.
- The portable and lightweight Levoit Core 600S has a 3-stage filtration system for capturing allergens, dust, bacterial agents, odors, smoke, and fumes.
- Smart features like voice control, app connectivity, and auto-timing on/off have made this purifier the best option for large rooms.
But which purifier seems most suitable for you? Let me know in the comment section.