If you are tired of dealing with poor indoor air quality, check out this Levoit 600S review. It is a powerful purifier that comes with a laser dust sensor display to assess the air quality and an energy efficiency mode to save power. What more sides and downsides does it have? Let’s dive in and find out!
600S has a sleek design with a built-in Wi-Fi module that allows you to control it remotely via the VeSync app or voice assistants like Alexa and Google Assistant. You can set schedules, timers, and modes and monitor the filter life and air quality history from your smartphone or tablet.
Some of its features include:
- 3-stage filtration for great air quality improvement.
- It is best suitable for medium to large rooms up to 635 sq. ft.
- Has a CADR rating of 312 m3/h.
- It has four fan speeds and an auto mode that adjusts the fan speed according to the AQI.
- It also has a sleep mode that lowers the noise level to 27 dB
- Dims the display for a quiet and comfortable night’s sleep.
So, are these features enough to stand against other air purifiers? Well, that depends on your needs and preferences. Continue reading as I will explore the pros, cons, design, and operational costs to help you make an informed decision. Let’s begin!
Let’s take a quick look at its specifications:
12.3 x 12.3 x 23.6 inches (31,3 x 31,3 x 60 cm)
13.7 lb (6,2 kg)
Pre-filter, True HEPA Filter, and Activated Carbon Filter
up to 12 months
(4.8 ACH) 635 sq. ft.
Number of Fan Speeds:
5 – Sleep Mode, Low Mode, Medium Mode, High Mode, and Turbo Mode
Levoit Core 600S Pros and Cons
Here are some of the positives and negatives of this specific model:
- Removes particle pollutants in large rooms with ease.
- Comes with three-stage filtration technology.
- Equipped with the latest tech, including VortexAir™, QuietKEAP™, and AIRSIGHT™ Plus.
- VeSync smart app can be used for better operation.
- It possesses an integrated air quality sensor.
- Cleans bigger rooms of 635 sq ft.
- Comes with a light sensor.
- Easy Mobility.
- Removes any odors and smells.
- Effective in removing dust particles.
- You can’t remove its pre-filter for cleaning.
- More expensive than other Levoit models such as the Core 400S or LV-H133.
An Insight Into the Room Coverage:
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a purifier is how well it can cover the room size you need. For the 600S, I was impressed by its high performance and efficiency in cleaning large spaces.
- I follow the AHAM standard, which is a reliable industry guideline that recommends how many times an air purifier should cycle the air in one hour for optimal results.
- Based on this standard, the Levoit Core 600S air purifier can handle rooms up to 635 sq. ft. and cycle the air 4.8 times per hour.
That’s pretty impressive for a device of this size and price.
But that’s not all. The 600S can also work well in less polluted environments, where fewer air changes are needed. In that case, it can cover up to 1588 sq. ft. and cycle the air twice per hour. That’s a huge area for a single unit to handle.
How Does This Air Purifier Achieve This?
Well, this unit has a very high CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) of 410 CFM, which means it can move a lot of air quickly and effectively. This is one of the best CADR ratings I’ve seen among the purifiers I’ve tested, and it makes the Levoit Core 600S a great choice for large rooms.
Here’s a table that summarizes the room coverage and air changes of the 600S under different conditions:
Minimum ACH required
Suitable room size
Time to clean the air
Smoke or VOCs
405 sq. ft.
645 sq. ft.
1588 sq. ft.
Filtration Technology Explained
The 600S features a 3-stage filtration system that cleans the air of different types of pollutants.
Here’s how it works:
- The pre-filter catches large particles like dust, hair, or pet dander.
- The True HEPA filter removes up to 99.97% of fine particles as small as 0.3 microns, such as pollen, mold spores, or bacteria.
- The activated carbon filter absorbs VOCs, smoke, and odors from the air.
This deadly combination of filters ensures that the 600S can handle a variety of current air quality issues and make your indoor environment healthier and fresher.
Noise Test: How Quiet is it?
One of the aspects that I always pay attention to when reviewing air purifiers is the noise level. I understand that some people are sensitive to loud sounds and prefer a quiet device that won’t disturb them. That’s why I was curious to see how the Levoit Core 600S performs in terms of noise.
- I have to admit that I was a bit surprised by the results. It is not a very quiet air purifier, especially at the lowest and highest speeds.
- In sleep mode, it produces 43.9 dBA, which is higher than most of the competitors.
- In turbo mode, it reaches 68.5 dBA, which is almost as loud as the Levoit LV-H134, one of the noisiest air purifiers I’ve ever tested.
- At the other speeds, the noise level of the air purifier is more reasonable and comparable to other devices in this category.
Here are the exact values for each speed:
Noise level (dBA)
So, what does this mean for you? Well, it depends on your personal preference and tolerance for noise. If you are looking for a very quiet air purifier, the 600S may not be the best option for you. If you don’t mind some low noise, you can still enjoy its powerful performance and features.
Easy to Understand Control and Indicators
The Core 600S has a control panel with buttons and indicators that let you adjust the settings and monitor the current air quality. However, I have to say that I was not very happy with the color choice of the panel.
The silver color is so hard to see in daylight that I often struggle to find the right button. I wish they had chosen a more contrasted color for the panel. The buttons are arranged in a circle, and they include:
Power Control Button
Turns the device on or off
Locks or unlocks the screen to prevent accidental touches
Turns off the screen light for night use
Automatic Setting button
The fan speed gets adjusted according to the current air quality of the home
Fan Control button
Changes the fan speed based on 4 settings, namely: Turbo, High, Medium, and Low
Rest mode button
Activates or deactivates the sleep mode that lowers the noise level and dims the screen light
Filter Replacement Indicator
Resets the filter indicator after replacing the filter
Sets a timer for 2, 4, 8, or 12 hours
Each of the smart control options comes with a light to show whether they are turned on or off. In addition, there are other indicators on the panel, such as:
Air quality indicator
This shows the current air quality level
Filter reset indicator
Reminds you to buy and change replacement filters when it is due
Shows if the device is connected to Wi-Fi or not
Shows the PM2.5 level (the concentration of fine particles in the air)
Air Quality Sensor and Indicator
The Levoit Core uses a laser particle sensor to provide useful information and measure the level of PM2.5, which is a tiny particle that can cause harm to your health.
The sensor shows you the air quality in two ways:
- PM2.5 particles in the air are invisible. AirVisual tells you how clean or polluted the air is.
- In just a glance, the light ring around the control panel of this air purifier tells you how clean the air is.
- Red means there’s pollution in the air. Blue means you’re breathing healthy unpolluted indoor air.
For a better understanding, let’s check out the table:
Color of light ring
Auto mode fan speed
> 115 ug/m3
The sensor also works with the VeSync app, where you can see all the data in real-time and on a dashboard. You can also check the history of the air quality in your home by day or week.
How to Switch off and Lock the Screen
The 600S has two options that let you control the screen and prevent unwanted changes. These are:
- Screen lock: This option is convenient if you have curious kids around who like to play with buttons on any device they see. It lets you lock the screen completely and make it unresponsive to any button press.
- Display off: This option does what it says, it turns off all the lights on the device, just like in sleep mode. This is useful if you want to reduce the brightness and enjoy a dark environment.
Filter Reset Indicator
The Levoit Core 600S has a handy feature that reminds you when to opt for a filter change. The filter reset indicator is on the control panel and it will turn red when the filter needs to be replaced. I love this feature very much as one can’t always keep an eye on their filter. It’s very helpful.
A Sneak Peek Into The Smart Features
The Levoit Core 600S has many advanced features. Check out the awesome features the 600S has that will make your life better! Let’s explore them in the section below:
1. Auto Mode
The 600S has a smart feature that lets you set it to Auto Mode and let it do the work for you.
- It has an innovative AirSight Plus sensor that detects air quality and adjusts the fan speed to purify air accordingly.
- This way, you can relax and enjoy the clean air without worrying about changing the settings.
- However, it does not use the Turbo fan speed, which is the highest and loudest one.
Try Levoit App for Easy Control
I suggest you connect the device to the Levoit app for easy management. If you do, you can easily access some additional settings such as:
- Quiet Auto Mode: This is designed to run silently at low speeds even when the air quality is poor.
- Efficient Auto Mode: This option lets you select how much space you want to clean with a single touch of the button.
- ECO Mode: If the air quality improves in your room, it will turn off completely until the air quality gets worse again. This is a very great feature because it saves energy and prevents more dust from circulating around your house!
Here’s a quick video guide for more details.
2. Light Sensor
This feature lets you use a Light Sensor to adjust the settings according to the light level in the room. I have seen it on some other devices, like the Winix 5500-2 and the Airdog X3, but they were very simple and only switched to sleep mode when it was dark.
- The 600S has an integrated advanced light sensor that has more options. But you have to activate them via the app.
- As soon as it senses light, it automatically adjusts to give you perfect light. The color of the bulb changes from warm to cold to match whichever time you’re in.
- When you leave the room in total darkness, the light sensor will automatically turn off the display and dim all the lights on the device. It will also prevent the device from using High and Turbofan speeds when in Auto Mode..
- If there is still light in the room, the device will revert to its normal settings.
3. Sleep Mode
This is a feature that lets you use the air purifier in a bedroom or any other room where you need quiet. When you activate Sleep Mode, the Core 600S does two things:
- It lowers the fan speed to the minimum level to reduce the noise
- It turns off all the lights on the unit after 6 seconds (unless you press any button)
This way, you can enjoy a peaceful and dark environment while the air purifier works silently.
The timer feature lets you set a schedule for the air purifier to turn off automatically. I don’t use this feature very often, because I prefer to use the VeSync app on my smartphone, which has more options.
But it can be handy for some older models or devices that don’t have a smart app connection. You can set the timer on the Core 600S from 1 to 12 hours using the control panel, or from 1 to 24 hours using the VeSync app.
VeSync Smart App Installation Guide
The 600S can be controlled with the VeSync smart app, which you need to download from the Android or iOS app store.
- You have to register and log in to access the app.
- Next, tap the “+” icon on the top right corner of the home screen, which you need to tap.
- This takes you to the Add New Device screen, where you will find all the available devices.
- Choose Core 600S and follow the steps on the screen.
- The app will ask you to connect your air purifier to Wi-Fi. So, make sure you have your Wi-Fi password ready.
- After setting up the purifier, you may name the device and the room where it is located.
- Once you’ve done that, the Core 600S will appear on the app’s home screen.
I would recommend you check out this video guide for a better understanding.
What I Liked About the Design
The 600S features a sleek and stylish design that matches the Levoit brand. It consists of two parts:
- The bottom part that holds the filter
- The top part has the control panel, the air quality sensor, and the motor.
Now let’s explore the further aspects of the design:
- Size and Convenience: One of the things that I liked about this device was how light and small it was. It also has handles that make it convenient to carry it from one room to another. I appreciate this feature because I know how difficult it was to move the Blueair 211+ air purifier without handles.
- Build: The device is made of plastic, which is not the best quality, but it is good enough for this type of product. It has a rectangular shape with smooth edges. It comes in various colors, and I think it will blend in with any room and maybe even brighten up some spaces.
- Dimensions: The device measures 9.8 x 9.8 x 18.3 inches and weighs 12.3 pounds. It is not very bulky or heavy, so you can easily place it anywhere you want. It also has a 6.5 feet long power cord that gives you some flexibility in positioning it.
As I mentioned above, the 600S has two parts, the bottom part holds the filter and the top part has a motor and other controls. The device pulls air from all directions through slits in the bottom part. Then it cleans the air and releases it through vents on the top part.
Check out this complete video review to understand why it is better than most air purifiers.
An Easy Setup and Installation Guide
The Levoit Core 600S is easy to set up and install. You just need to do some simple steps before you can use it to clean the air in your home.
- First, take the device out of the shipping box and remove all the tapes and protective films.
- Then, twist the cover on the top of the device counterclockwise and take it off.
- Next, take out the filter from the bottom of the device, unwrap it from the plastic bag, and put it back in the device.
Your 600S is ready to go. Just place it where you want it and ensure it is at least 15 inches (38 cm) away from the wall or other objects. Plug it in and turn it on.
The Breakdown of Operating Costs
The 600S has a very low power consumption for its size and performance. It has a motor power of only 49W, which is much lower than I expected for such a powerful device. It uses 48.2W at the highest speed and only 4.1W at the sleep mode.
You can see the power usage at other speeds in the table below.
This means that if you run the Core 600S at the maximum speed, 24 hours a day, for one month, your electricity bill would only increase by about $4.2, which is a very reasonable cost for this model.
Besides the electricity cost, you also need to consider the cost of replacing the filters, which usually need to be changed one time a year.
Warranty: How Long Does it Last?
The Levoit Core 600S comes with a two-year warranty from Levoit, which is a standard offer for this kind of product. But, make sure that you register your device on the official site so that your warranty is activated.
Is the Levoit Core 600s Right Pick?
It is a good choice if you want these features:
- Easy to use: It is very user-friendly. The setup is quick and easy, the controls are simple and clear, and the maintenance is low. Plus, the VeSync app gives you access to many features and wireless controls.
- Great Coverage: It covers a very large area as compared to other purifiers giving it an edge in the competition.
- Good performance for a low price: The Levoit Core 600s does a good job of reducing PM2.5 to 0.4 and removing 89.4% of airborne particles.
Overall, I think it is a great value-for-money device and your investment will be worth it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the Levoit 600S filter last?
The Levoit 600S filters last for about 6-12 months, depending on the usage and air quality. You can check the filter life indicator on the device or the app to know when to replace them.
Does Levoit 600S produce ozone?
The Levoit 600S does not produce ozone or any harmful byproducts. It uses a mechanical filtration system with an H13 True HEPA filter and a custom high-efficiency activated carbon filter.
Is Levoit reliable?
Levoit is a reliable brand that offers high-quality air purifiers with advanced features and smart control. It has received positive reviews from customers and experts for its performance, design, and customer service.
How much power does the Levoit 600S consume?
The Levoit 600S consumes about 48.2 watts of power at the highest fan speed and 7.3 watts at low settings. It is energy-efficient and has an auto mode that adjusts the fan speed according to the air quality.
The Levoit Core 600s is a smart and powerful air purifier that can improve your indoor air quality and health. It has numerous smart control highlights like the AirSight Plus which monitors the airborne particles. The QiuetKEAP technology makes it a low-noise machine. The smart app allows you to control it with the touch of your fingertips.
I think it is one of the best picks across all the air purifiers on the market and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to breathe cleaner and fresher air.
What do you think of the 600S? Let me know in the comment section below.
This Levoit Air Purifier has an activated carbon filter, a True HEPA filter, and a carbon filter that cleans up all the air. It can clean up rooms of 635 sq ft.