What’s the difference between the Levoit Core 200S vs Core 300 cleaner? Which one is better and more suitable for your needs? For finding answers to these questions, I invite you to check out this comparison of Levoit Air purifiers. Don’t waste time and let’s begin!
The Levoit Core 200S and the Core 300 look similar and are about the same size, but there are some differences that make them suitable for different needs and preferences. Here is a brief overview:
- The Levoit Core 200S can clean up to 17 square meters in a single go, but the Levoit Core 300 can cover more floor space up to 20 square meters with solid air cleaning power.
- When comparing the Core 200S’s CADR of 200 m³/hour to the Core 300’s 240 m³/hour, you’re getting a higher CADR with the 300, which is what I like to see.
- Compared to the Core 300’s noise level of 24 – 50 dB, the Core 200S has a lower range of 24 – 48 dB.
As you can see, both air purifiers have their upsides and downsides. The Levoit Core 200S is more energy efficient and smart-enabled, while the Core 300 is more powerful and has a larger coverage area. But these are not all the details that you need to know before making your decision.
There are more factors that you should consider, such as the filter types, the display options, the timer settings, and more. Continue reading, then I will show you how these air purifiers compare in each aspect and which one is better for your needs.
Levoit Core 200S
Levoit Core 300
Up to 17 m² (183 ft²)
Up to 20 m² (219 ft²)
200 m³/h (118 CFM)
240 m³/h (141 CFM)
24 – 48 dB
24 – 50 dB
Pre-filter, True HEPA Filter, Activated Charcoal Filter
Pre-filter, True HEPA Filter, Activated Carbon Filter
Filter Replacement Indicator:
(via Alexa or Google Assistant)
LED Ring (can be turned off)
LED Display (can be turned off)
(can be turned off)
(can be turned off)
Levoit Core 200S: What You Need to Know Before Buying it
The Core 200S is an intelligent air cleaner that you can operate with your phone’s app or by speaking to Alexa or Google Assistant. It has a sleek and modern design that fits any decor and a touch particle sensor control panel on the top.
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages one should know:
- Purify household odors quickly up to 183 sq. ft.
- The low decibel level of 24-48 dB for bedrooms, nurseries, or offices.
- Sleep mode for energy efficiency.
- Timer function from 2 to 8 hours.
- Indicator to alert you when the filter needs to be replaced.
- Customizable Night light with different colors and brightness levels.
- No particle sensor or an auto mode.
- No real-time air quality indicator or PM2.5 level.
Levoit Core 300: What You Need to Know Before Buying it
The Levoit Core 300 is also a budget-friendly and small purifier that looks and works similarly to the Core 200S. However, it differs in some aspects of its performance, features, and design.
Here are some of the pros and cons of this model:
- Particles are filtered faster with a CADR of 240 m³/h
- Remove pollutants from the air in areas up to 219 sq. ft.
- More fan speed settings, including turbo modes.
- The larger and more stable base prevents tipping over.
- App and voice control are not available.
- A higher power consumption than 200S.
Which One Provides Better Coverage:
The first thing to consider when buying a purifier is how big of a room it can cover effectively.
- Rooms up to 17 m² (183 ft²) can use the Core 200S, while rooms measuring 20 m² (219 ft²) can use the Levoit Core 300.
- These suggestions are calculated based on a room with a ceiling height of 2.4 m (8 ft) and five ACH, which means that the purifier can clean the entire air in the room every 12 minutes.
- This is optimal for keeping the air fresh and healthy.
- Both models work well for small spaces like bedrooms, home offices, or nurseries.
Winner: The Levoit Core 300 beats the 200S by a small margin in terms of coverage area as it can purify a slightly bigger space of 219 ft².
Which One Provides Superior Filtration Technology:
A three-stage filtration system that has a prefilter, a True HEPA filter, and an activated charcoal filter is used by both the Levoit 200S and 300:
- A Prefilter catches large particles such as dust, hair, and pet fur.
- A True HEPA filter can filter out 99.97% of airborne pollutants as small as 0.3 microns.
- An activated charcoal filter captures smoke and odors.
But Levoit 300 additionally has VortexAir™ Technology that provides strong airflow which expands throughout the surrounding space.
There are some things you should know about the Levoit 200S or 300 filters replacement:
- Replacement Rate: The filters of both these products need to be replaced every 6 to 8 months, depending on the air quality and usage.
- Ease of Replacement: As both of the designs are similar, filter replacement is quite an easy and simple process.
- Cost: The Levoit 200S filter set costs around $20, while the Levoit 300 filter set costs around $30.
Winner: As both of these small air purifiers have a three-stage filtration system, both of them have excellent purification on capabilities. Their filter replacement process is also the same. But the addition of the VortexAir™ Technology in the 300 makes it the winner in this competition.
Which One Provides Higher Clean Air Delivery Rate:
Another important factor to consider when comparing air purifiers is their pure air delivery rate (CADR):
- This measures how fast they can filter different types of pollutants and cooking smells.
- The higher the CADR, the more efficient the air purifier is.
The Levoit 200S has a CADR of 200m³/h (118 CFM) for particles, while the Levoit Core 300 has a CADR of 240 m³/h (141 CFM) for particles.
Winner: The Core 300 has a higher air filtration rate than the Core 200S, which leads to better efficiency and quicker outcomes.
A Quick Rundown at The Features That Make Them Similar and Set Them Apart
Both the Levoit Core 200S and 300 have a simple and automatic mode control panel on the top that lets you adjust the settings and modes.
Let’s r take a deeper look at their features:
1. A Feature That Lets You Rest Better: Sleep mode
This mode reduces the fan speed and sound level to create a quiet and comfortable sleeping environment. The display light will also dim in auto mode.
2. A Feature That Lets You Choose: Night light
This feature allows you to choose from two brightness levels of warm white light that can serve as a night light or mood light.
3. A Feature That Lets You Automate: Timer
A timer function that lets you run the air purifier for 2, 4, 6, or 8 hours before it turns off automatically is available on both the Levoit Core 200S vs the Core 300.
This can help you save energy and extend the filter life. You can set the timer using the control panel on the top of the device or via the smart app for the Core 200S.
4. A Feature That Tells You When to Change Filter: Filter Reset Indicator
Both of the models feature an indicator that lets you know when it is time to change your filter before it is clogged or malfunctions. Through this, you will be able to save money by better efficiency of your purifiers.
5. A Feature That Lets You Control Your Device: VeSync Smart App
The s series provides you with the VeSync App. This allows you to set your device on your smartphone and able you to control it in any way you want. This gives you more convenience and control over your air purifier and allows you to monitor indoor air quality from anywhere.
So the Levoit 200S has this function, and Levoit 300 doesn’t.
6. A Feature to Lock in Your Setting: Display Lock
Only the Levoit 200S has this feature, which prevents accidental changes to the settings by locking the control panel. This is useful if you have children or pet dander who might touch the buttons or if you want to keep your preferred settings without having to adjust them every time.
7. A Feature That Lets You Turn Off the Light: Display Off
Just 200S has this highlight, which turns off the LED display to reduce light pollution and save energy. This is helpful if you want to use the air purifier in your bedroom or any other dark environment and don’t want to be disturbed by the bright light.
Winner: Both of the products showcase excellent specifications. But the 200S takes over as it has the smart app control to enable voice commands and more advanced features. This adds more comfort and flexibility to the user.
How Do The Two Devices Differ in Working Noise Levels?
The 200S and the Core 300 are both very quiet air purifiers that use QuietKEAP technology to reduce loudness levels:
- They both have a sleep mode that operates at only 24 dB, which is quieter than a whisper.
- The maximum sound level for the 200S is 48 dB, while for the Core 300, it is 50 dB.
Winner: The Levoit Core 200S and 300 are almost identical in this competition. Therefore, a draw.
You can watch a video review of the Levoit Core 200S here:
How Do The Two Devices Differ in Performance Tests?
The Core 300 has a slightly higher CADR of 240 m³/h, while the 200S has a CADR of 200 m³/h. This means that the Core 300 can purify a larger room of up to 219 sq. ft., while the 200S can cover up to 183 sq. ft.
I conducted a performance test for both air purifiers in a room of 200 sq. ft. for 60 minutes at the highest speed:
- The test conditions were similar for both devices.
- The Levoit Core 300 improved the air quality by 93%
- The Levoit Core 200S improved it by 91%.
The Core 300 showed a slight edge over the Core 200S in this test.
Winner: Levoit Core 300 is a little ahead of the curve here. The Core 300 wins this round with its superior performance and coverage.
Check out the video review of the Levoit Core 300 here:
How Do The Two Devices Differ in Operating Costs?
The operating costs of an air purifier depend on two factors:
- The power consumption and
- The filter replacement frequency.
The Core 200S is energy efficient using less power than the Core 300, with a maximum wattage of 37 W compared to 45 W for the Core 300. This means that the 200S will cost you less on your electricity bill than the Core 300.
Filter Replacement Frequency:
As I said earlier both air purifiers have the same filter replacement frequency every 6 to 8 months, depending on your usage and current air quality. The replacement filters cost around $20-30 for both models.
Winner: The 200S are more energy-saving than the 300s. Thus it will result in lower costs.
How Do The Two Devices Differ in Warranty?
Levoit offers a two-year warranty for both the Levoit Core 200S vs the Core 300, as well as lifetime customer support. You can register your product online to extend your warranty by an additional year.
Winner: In terms of Warranty, there is a draw as both of the products offer the same warranty and insurance policies.
The Final Showdown: Which One to Choose?
The answer to this question depends on your personal preferences and needs. Here are some factors to consider:
- Smart Control: If you want a smart air purifier that you can control with your voice or smartphone, then the Core 200S is a better choice for you. It is compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, and VeSync app, which allows you to adjust settings, monitor air quality, schedule timers, and more.
- Performance: If you want a more powerful air purifier that can cover a larger room and deliver more clean air per hour, then the Core 300 is a better choice for you. It has a higher CADR and coverage area than the Core 200S.
- Noise levels: The 200S is quieter with a maximum level of up to 48 dB.
- Cost: The maintenance cost of 300s is higher as it has a higher power consumption due to a higher CADR rating.
All in all, both of the purifiers exhibit outstanding functions but the Core 300s in my opinion is the winner.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the difference between Levoit 200 and 300?
The difference between Levoit 200 and 300 is the coverage area and CADR rating. The 300s can purify bigger rooms and provide more clean air.
How long does a Levoit 200S filter last?
The Levoit 200S filter lasts for 68 months, depending on indoor air quality and usage frequency.
Does Levoit Core 200S produce ozone?
No, Levoit Core 200S does not produce ozone.
How much power does Levoir Core 200S use?
Levoir core 200S uses 37W of power at the highest fan speed setting.
Is Levoit Core 300S good?
Levoit Core 300S is a good air purifier for small rooms to medium-sized rooms.
After the in-detail comparison, I recommend choosing the 300s. This is definitely one of the best purifiers to buy with excellent filtration technology and a larger coverage area.
But, a good case can also be made for the 200S.
I hope this comparison helped you decide which Levoit air purifiers are better for you.