Are you in search of an Air Purifier for a Nail Salon? Your concerns about the release of harmful chemicals and Volatile Organic Compounds are valid. Don’t worry! I’ve compiled a list of purifiers designed specifically to reduce odors and breathing problems. Let’s get started!
In order to get a purifier sufficient enough to clean the nail salon air, there are a few things to keep in mind. Read below:
- Room Size and Are Coverage.
- Type of Filtration System.
- Noise Level.
- Maintenance and Filter Replacement.
- Smart and Accessibility Features.
Now how to find the right air purifier with the ideal range and best-suited specs? Continue reading to learn the best purifiers that are well-regarded by nail salon owners.
Go through their highlight, features, and pros to assess which should be your pick! Let’s get started!
Best Air Purifier for a Nail Salon: 7 Top Picks
Listed below is the table with essential details:
2. Deodorization filter,
3. True HEPA filter
361 sq. ft.
2. H13 True HEPA Filter,
3. High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter
2. Activated Carbon Filter,
3. True HEPA Filter,
4. UV-C Light,
5. Metal Shield
153 sq. ft.
1. Fine Mesh Pre-Filter,
2. Activated Carbon Filter,
3. HEPA filter,
360 sq. ft.
1.Prefilter, Silver Ion Layer,
2. True H13 HEPA filter,
3. Activated Carbon Layer
215 sq. ft.
1. Nylon Pre-filter,
2. Activated Carbon filter,
3. H13 True HEPA filter
442 sq. ft.
1. Washable Pre-Filter,
2. H13 True HEPA Filter,
3. High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter
222 sq. ft.
1. Best Overall: Coway Airmega AP-1512HH
Review its advantages and disadvantages to learn why it’s at the top:
- It helps to trap every nail polish chemical released.
- The air quality sensor accurately identifies odor and indoor air pollutant density.
- Operates quietly. Perfect for nail salon atmosphere.
- The fan motor automatically shuts down if the front cover is abruptly open for safety.
- It is not compatible with Smart home Devices like Alexa.
AP-1512HH has an excellent purification system for Hair and Nail salons. The HEPA filter together with Ionizer is able to catch 99.99% of particles and chemicals. The air quality sensor works with Auto mode to adjust the fan speed. It also consists of a power-saving mode for energy efficiency and a timer not to have to worry about turning it off.
Listed below are the amazing features of this unit:
- Auto mode manipulates the cleaning speed depending on the air quality.
- Ionizer captures pollutants that are not pulled in by the air purifiers for HEPA filtration.
- Eco Mode turns the air purifier down when there is less air pollution in less busy hours of the salon.
Coway Airmega AP-1512HH
361 sq. ft.
Dust: 240 CFM/Pollen: 240 CFM/Smoke: 240 CFM
Pre-Filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter
Energy Star, CARB certified
16.8 x 9.6 x 18.3 inches
2. Best Economical in Air Purifiers: Levoit Core 300
Let’s check out the positives and negatives of this unit
- Four customizable filters include Toxin Absorber Filter designed especially to trap airborne chemicals.
- Has an automatic shutoff timer (2 to 8 hours) so you can pay attention to your valued customers instead of monitoring the air purifiers.
- Operates silently.
- Emits no harmful Ozone gas so the air is completely safe to breathe.
- Does not have an auto mode.
The Levoit 300 air purifier offers remarkable performance despite its compact size. The three-stage filtration system effectively captures harmful pollutants. Ones that might irritate the eyes or cause breathing problems. Additionally, it has adjustable fan speeds and freshens the air 4 times an hour. It also gives filter replacement alerts.
Let’s explore the features of this unit:
- VortexAir™ Technology distributes purified air throughout the room.
- QuietKEAP™ uses shock pads to dim the noise from the motor.
- It has a cylindrical body design to make sure it fits in tight spaces.
Levoit Core 300
219 sq. ft.
Dust: 140 CFM/Pollen: 145 CFM/Smoke: 141 CFM
Pre-Filter, H13 True HEPA Filter, High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter
CARB compliant, Energy Star certified, FCC certified, ETL listed, and CA PROP 65 certified.
2-Year Limited with 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
14" H x 8.7" W x 8.7" D
3. Best User-friendly Air Purifier: Germ Guardian AC4825E
Let’s check out the pros and cons of this unit:
- It combines a pre-filter and activated carbon, effectively eliminating airborne chemicals.
- Designed with a convenient carry handle, the air purifier offers easy portability.
- Its sleek and vertical slim design is specifically tailored to fit comfortably in beauty salons.
- It ensures user-friendly operation because of three adjustable speed settings controlled by a knob.
- Does not have an ionizer mode.
AC4825E with its powerful filtration system plays a crucial role in creating a safer and more purified indoor environment at nail salons. Its True HEPA filter captures up to 99.97% of airborne particles, including volatile organic compounds (VOCs). The activated carbon filter integrated into the unit helps to further eliminate odors and harmful chemicals.
Let’s dive into the features of this unit:
- Effectively eliminates airborne harmful pollutants, bacteria, and viruses from the air.
- Ultra-Quiet Mode so customers and employees can have a peaceful environment.
- Provides replacement filter indication so you do have to worry about maintenance.
Germ Guardian AC4825E
153 sq. ft (12 minutes)
Dust: 118 CFM /Pollen: 125 CFM/Smoke: 108 CFM
Pre-Filter, Activated Carbon Filter, True HEPA Filter, UV-C Light, and Metal Shield
ENERGY STAR Certified; ENERGY STAR Canada Certified, Verified Safe Zero Ozone
22'' H X 6.75'' W X 10.25'' D
4. Best Value in Air Purifiers: Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier
Listed below are the pros and cons of 5300-2:
- PlasmaWave Technology is added to reduce chemical vapors, nail polish odor, and other allergens.
- Dual Smart Sensors and Auto Mode monitor the presence of contaminants in the salon air and adjust cleaning speed accordingly.
- It notifies the user of air quality by color-coded lights (Red/Orange/Blue).
- Sleek body design that will compliment the interiors of beauty and care salons.
- The highest setting (Turbo) is noted to be noisy.
Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier is trusted by Hair and Nail salon owners due to The PlasmaWave technology. It emits charged particles to capture to improve air quality. The True HEPA filter further captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants. Carbon filter decreases the odors and chemicals. The smart sensor and auto mode change settings so you do not need to monitor it.
Take a look at the standout features/highlights to see why it’s amazing:
- You can use Sleep Mode to low the operation noise.
- Smart Sensor will detect pollutants and chemicals in the air.
- Handle if you need to move the air purifier around the salon.
Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier
360 sq. ft
Dust: 243 CFM/Pollen: 246 CFM/Smoke: 232 CFM
Fine Mesh Pre-Filter, Activated Carbon Filter, HEPA filter, PlasmaWave
Energy Star Rated, AHAM Verified, UL listed, CARB approved
15 in(W) × 8.2 in(D) × 23.6 in(H)
5. Best Compact Air Purifier: AROEVE Air Purifier
Let’s check out the positives and negatives of this unit:
- Dual-channel and 360-degree air inlets ensure uncleaned air is pulled in from each corner.
- Has an Aroma pad for essential oils, so your salon air can also smell pleasant while purified
- Changes air 5 times an hour so the environment remains constantly fresh and hygienic.
- Filter replacement cost only $20 so the expense is not a burden on the salon.
- The cord is not too long so it needs to be placed near a socket.
The AROEVE Air Purifier is a portable and compact model designed for small to medium-sized rooms. It features a 3-stage filtration system, including a True HEPA filter, and an activated carbon filter. This helps trap particles and odors found in Nail salons. It includes aromatherapy for a refreshing scent and changes the air 5 times. On top, filter replacement costs are very low.
Take a look at the standout highlights:
- Touch controls to change fan speeds, timer, and power on/off.
- Extremely lightweight with a desktop mount so you can move it easily.
- Integrated Aroma Pad to spread your favorite fragrance at the saloon.
AROEVE Air Purifier
215 sq. ft (20 m²)
Prefilter, Silver Ion Layer, True H13 HEPA filter, Activated Carbon Layer
ETL Listed, CARB certified
6.1"D x 6.1"W x 9.7"H
6. Best Large Room Air Purifier: Levoit LV-H133
Listed below are the pros and cons of this unit:
- 360-degree filtration pull-in hair, dust, chemical odors, and other airborne contaminants from all sides of the room.
- Designed especially for a large area so it is very suitable for a nail salon shop.
- The laser sensor detects the density of the airborne particles and utilizes Auto Mode to adjust the fan speed.
- Memory Function helps air purifiers remember programmed settings when turned off. No need to enter them daily.
- Does not have WiFi compatibility.
The LV-H133 is an ideal choice for nail salon owners seeking effective air purification. With its large coverage area, it efficiently cleans the air on spacious floors. Its 3-stage filtration system, including a True HEPA filter and activated carbon filter, tackles fine particles and chemical odors. The sleep mode and timer are also included in this air purifier.
Let’s explore the features of this purifier:
- The bionic shock absorption design reduces noise and extends engine life.
- Ring light shows air quality status as “Very Good”, “Good”, “Moderate”, and “Bad” via colors.
- VortexAir™ Technology along with Aerodynamic top grid design provides efficient purification.
442 sq. ft
Nylon Pre-filter, Activated Carbon filter, H13 True HEPA filter
Energy Star Certified, FCC Certified, ETL listed, CARB certified
12.5"D x 12.5"W x 23"H
7. Best Smart Air Purifier: LEVOIT Vital100S
Let’s check out the pros and cons of this device:
- Out of 4 specialized filter includes Toxin Absorber for particles that cause difficulty in breathing.
- The VeSync app lets you control the air purifier, create schedules, connect with Smart Home Devices for voice commands, and monitor air quality.
- Additional U-Shaped Air Inlet airborne hair, which is much needed for a hair salon.
- You have to buy separate pet filters.
The Vital100S is a powerful air purifier for small rooms that many salon owners trust. It is due to U-Shaped Air Inlet which pulls in hair from the environment. It has a specialized filter for toxins and chemicals. The VeSync App compatibility lets you control and monitor the machine. You can also track the air quality of the salon.
Listed below are the features of this device:
- Infrared Dust Sensor scans the surroundings for airborne contaminants to notify you about the air quality.
- Washable pre-filter so you do not need to spend on replacements.
- It emits white noise which is useful to help customers relax.
222 sq. ft
Washable Pre-Filter, H13 True HEPA Filter, High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter
Energy Star Certified, ETL listed, CARB Approved
6.4"D x 12.8"W x 16.1"H
6 Reasons Why Are Air Purifiers for Hair and Nail Salons Necessary
Using air purifiers in nail salons is crucial for maintaining a clean and healthy environment. One is exposed to various chemicals for extended periods.
Not to forget many people come and leave who might spread airborne diseases. Let’s look at the reasons in detail:
- Removes Harmful Chemicals: Air purifiers equipped with activated carbon filters effectively eliminate chemical contaminants. This helps reduce health risks in nail salons.
- Eradicates Odd Smells: HEPA and activated carbon filters efficiently trap particles and gases. This improves indoor air quality and engulfs bad smells.
- Reduces Airborne Diseases: The HEPA filters capture viruses and bacteria. The risks to the health of individuals in nail salons are minimized as they are removed from the air.
- Eliminates VOCs and Gases: Air purifiers help absorb volatile organic compounds such as formaldehyde, and dibutyl phthalate released from nail paints, furniture polish, etc. It traps the gases and particles causing it and also neutralizes its odor.
- Filters Hazardous Asbestos Particles: HEPA air purifiers capture harmful asbestos particles. Chances of lung diseases are brought down due to this.
- Improves Life Expectancy: Air purifiers enhance air quality, benefiting respiratory, heart, and overall health. Placing it in a nail salon can benefit staff and customers.
Why is it Important to Reduce VOCs As Soon As Possible?
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are widely present in the air. They are harmless unless their concentration is high. A study by BioMed Central Ltd revealed that Hair and Nail Salon saturated with them. Prolonged exposure to them can cause:
- Musculoskeletal Strain Disorders.
- Skin Irritation.
- Hand Dermatitis.
- Respiratory Diseases.
4 Considerations When Purchasing Air Purifier for Hair & Nail Salons
Before investing in a purifier for a nail salon, you need to look at the following things:
- Coverage Area: Determine the size of your salon space and choose an air purifier that can effectively cover the square footage.
- Filters: Look for air purifiers with activated carbon filters to trap VOCs and other odors. As well as HEPA filters to capture fine particles like dust, allergens, and salon pollutants.
- Energy Efficiency: Opt for an energy-efficient air purifier to minimize electricity consumption and reduce long-term operational costs.
- Noise Level: Hair and nail salons can be noisy environments. Select an air purifier with a noise level suitable for your salon, ensuring it doesn’t disturb your customers’ relaxation. The best recommendation is to go for one which operates at less than 50dB.
Best Dyson Air Purifier: 9 Great Models For Healthy Air
Dyson HP01 vs HP07: Which is a Great Air Purifier for Your Needs?
Winix 5300-2 vs 5500-2: Which One is the Best Choice?
Best Wall-Mounted Air Purifier: 7 Excellent Models for Your Home!
Best Ozone-Free Air Purifier: 12 Recommend Picks Compared
Do air purifiers help in nail salons?
Air purifiers do help in nail salons as VOC and harmful chemicals are absorbed. It was proven by the research conducted by BioMed Central.
Do nail techs need an air purifier?
Nail techs do need an air purifier. They are exposed to VOC and chemicals which can lead to respiratory disease. As well as birth defects and miscarriages.
What is the best air purifier for nail smell?
The best air purifier for nail smell is noted to be Levoit LV-H133, Winix 5300-2, and Coway Airmega AP-1512HH. They have carbon filters that neutralize odors and airborne chemicals effectively. While the HEPA filters also catch smell-causing particles.
What is the best air purifier for acetone?
The best air purifiers for acetone are Coway Airmega AP-1512HH, Levoit Core 300, Winix 5300-2, and LV-H133. This is due to their high-grade activated carbon filters and coverage.
Summing it up, to select the best air purifier for a nail salon start by assessing the size of the salon space. Select one that provides sufficient coverage. Look for a higher CADR so that it can have frequent air changes per hour.
The air purifier must have a high-grade carbon and HEPA filter. This will ensure that all harmful contaminants are captured and wiped from the air. My personal pick is Coway Airmega AP-1512HH. It has a deodorization filter and an ionizer. These features are able to capture the stubbornest smells.
- AP-1512HH freshens air 5 times in medium to large size rooms.
- The ionizer and deodorization filter captures chemicals and odors in the air.
- The price range is reasonable as well.
- It has been chosen by New York Times Wirecutter 9 times as one of the best machines.