If you are a FireStick user, you might have thought about how to set the FireStick sleep timer on your device. This feature can help you with saving energy, reduce screen time in, and turn off the TV clearly according to the schedule. Let’s head towards the quick answer to find details!
The most straightforward strategy for setting a lay clock on your FireStick is to use the remote control:
- You can press and hold the Home button for two or three minutes, and a short time later select “set sleep timer settings” from the menu that comes up.
- This will put your streaming player into rest mode for the next 20 minutes.
- Then again, you can use your mobile phone or Alexa to set a custom lay clock on your TV stick.
In this how-to guide, I will show you the different ways of setting the timer:
- Using the fob control.
- How to use your smartphone.
- How to use Alexa to configure “set a shut-off timer”.
Read on to learn more about these topics and enjoy your streaming stick hassle-free.
The Best Technique to Install the FireStick Sleep Mode
Here is the best way to set a sleep timer on Amazon Fire Stick when you watching TV:
The Simple Guide to Set Sleep Timer on Your Fire Stick with the Remote Control
One of the most direct approaches to preparing a lay clock on your FireStick is to use the clicker control that goes with it.
All you need to do is follow these instructions:
- Press and hold the Home button on your zapper for close to three seconds.
- A menu will emerge on your smart TV screen.
- Use the arrow buttons to pick Sleep from the menu.
- A message will appear saying that your Amazon Fire TV stick will go into sleep mode in a brief time frame.
- To remove the sleeping watch, press any button on your controller before the 20 minutes are up.
- This method is useful and basic, but it has a couple of negative points. You can set the sleep timer of a 20-minute rest regulator, and you can’t change it.
Expecting that you really want more versatility and command over your Fire TV stick sleep clock, you ought to look and try out the different methods I have outlined below:
How to Use Your Phone to Make Your Fire Stick Sleep
Another strategy for setting a timepiece on your wireless streaming stick is to use your cell as a wand.
You can download the power Amazon Fire TV app from the Google Play Store or the Apple Software Store and smart plug it into your media player. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Amazon Fire TV app on your mobile phone and sign in with your Amazon account.
- Make sure that your cell and your smart TV stick are connected with the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Select your device from the list of devices on the software.
- Tap on the Remote image at the lower portion of the application screen.
- You will see a virtual clicker on your wireless screen settings menu.
- Tap on the Menu image (three even lines) at the upper right corner of the program screen.
- A menu will show up on your wireless screen.
- Tap on Sleep Settings Timer from the menu. A slider will appear on your mobile phone screen.
- Drag it to change the time you accept your FireStick ought to go into rest mode. You can customize it up to 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 60 minutes, or Never.
- Tap on ‘Set Clock’ to lock in and save your choice.
The Easy Guide to Setting a Sleep Timer with Alexa
If you have an Alexa device, like an Echo Dot or an Echo Show, you can use it to install a sleep timer on your FireStick.
Utilize it to initiate a sleep ticker on a streaming player by following these methods:
- Press and hold the fob button on your media player remote and say “Program rest clock for X minutes” or “Fall asleep in X minutes”, where X is the number of minutes you keep up with that your FireStick ought to stay on before nodding off.
- You will see a confirmation message on the screen that says “Okay, I’ll stop streaming in X minutes”.
- To remove the rest timer, press and hold the microphone button again and say “Cancel sleep time” or “Don’t fall asleep”.
Note that this method perhaps works expecting you to have an Alexa-connected remote. In case you don’t have one, you can use the Amazon Fire TV application on your phone or tablet as a fob and use the same voice orders.
Here’s a quick video on how to prepare the power saver function using Alexa.
How to Get Your Fire Stick Back On with One Button?
Waking the FireStick from rest mode is pretty swift. Press any button on the joystick or the Amazon Fire TV application. The device will start streaming from the point where you stopped.
Troubleshooting Tips for When Your FireStick Won’t Configure Sleep Timer
At times this might happen that your FireStick will stay on even after setting the countdown timer and giving the voice command.
This can happen for a number of reasons. For instance:
- Could be a bug in the application
- A bad remote
- Problem with your Fire TV turn
But there is no need to worry. Here are a few simple things you can try:
- Reset your Firestick by switching off it from the power source and interfacing it back following two or three minutes.
- Resume your TV by turning it off and on again.
- Check to see if your controller batteries are low and change them if needed.
- Start your fob by pressing and holding the Home button for 10 seconds until a message appears on the screen that says “New Remote Connected”.
- Update your programming by going to Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for Updates.
- Reset the software by going to Configuration > My Fire TV > Check for Updates. This will erase all the data and customization, so guarantee to back up anything critical before doing this.
If none of these game plans works, contact Amazon client care for extra assistance. Check out this video to help out.
Understanding Sleep Mode on the Amazon Fire Stick
As we have said before, there is no timer on the sleep clock on the Amazon FireStick. Regardless, you can use Alexa or the manual method to put your device into rest mode whenever you want.
Then again, you can check expecting your TV has a sleep timeout option and use that if all else fails.
Is there a sleep timer on FireStick?
Yes, FireStick has a sleep timer. You can turn it on with a remote or by using Alexa.
How do I put my FireStick in sleep mode?
To put your FireStick in sleep mode By pressing and holding the Home and Select buttons on your remote for a few seconds until a moon icon shows on the screen.
How do I turn off the sleep timer on FireStick?
You can turn off the sleep timer on FireStick by pressing any buttons on the remote. Or use the Alexa voice command to cancel the sleep timer.
So there you have it, handy tips for getting the most out of your Fire Stick sleep mode. Setting up and off the sleep timer is a pretty straightforward process.
I have gone through the different ways like using the remote, smartphone, or simply asking the Alexa to get things done and put your control in sleep mode. Which method did you find most easy? Let me know in the comments below.