Levoit air purifier red light is a common issue that many owners tend to face at some time. It is a warning that something isn’t working correctly, and it can be frustrating to figure out what’s wrong. Don’t worry as we’ve got you covered. Let’s take a look at different issues and their fixes in our comprehensive guide!
When there is a red light on the Levoit air purifier, the first step is to understand what it means. In general, it indicates that there is an issue with the air purifier’s filter or sensor. Depending on the specific model, the red light may blink or stay illuminated constantly.
The good news is that fixing the red light issue is not rocket science. In many cases, it simply involves replacing the filter housing or resetting the sensor. However, there are a few different potential causes of the light, so it’s essential to troubleshoot the problem systematically.
Keep on reading as we’ll walk you through 6 different problems and their solutions so you can say goodbye to the red light and enjoy fresh indoor air.
Identifying the Possible Causes of Red Light on Air Purifiers
Levoit air Purifier Red Light Indicator Issue
Constantly illuminated light
Constantly illuminated light
Filter not installed correctly
Check filter installation
Constantly illuminated light
Reset the sensor
Blinking red light
Filter needs replacement soon
Prepare to replace the filter
Sensor needs cleaning
Clean the sensor
Air purifier needs to be reset
Reset the air purifier
The fixes can also vary depending on the different Levoit air purifier models.
Resetting Standard Air Filter
Levoit air purifiers in general need a filter replacement every 6 months. Check filter indicator whether it is on or not. When changing the HEPA filter, you need to follow these steps:
When You Have Already Replaced the Filter:
Follow these instructions if you are dealing with replaced filter:
- Firstly, turn on the filter.
- Find the vent present on the backside.
- There should be a black reset button inside that vent.
- Press that button with a thin screwdriver or a paper clip.
When You Need to Change the Filter:
Follow these steps to get things done quickly:
- Press the power button to turn off the air purifier.
- Unplug the Levoit air purifier.
- Replace the old Levoit air filter and replace the old filter with a new one.
- Make sure that the safety tab completely covers the latch when closing the air filter cover.
- Plug it back in and turn the purifier on.
- Repeat Steps 3-4 from the previous one.
For further information, check out this video.
Resetting Auto Filter on Air Purifier
How prominent the above solution might seem, it may not work for all people. If you have tried the above step and replaced the HEPA filter cover and still the red light is on, then you should try the following:
- Turn it off using the power button.
- After unplugging the unit, wait for about thirty secs.
- Plug it in and turn on the air purifier.
- You should see an AUTO button, press it.
- Follow Steps 3-4 of Resetting Standard Air Filter.
After following these steps, you should check filter red light indicator and it should be off now.
Full Factory Reset
If you have tried all of the above methods and still the light is on then the only thing remaining is to perform a full factory reset.
By doing this, all of the original factory settings are restored on the device. You should back up all of your settings before doing this method.
You can perform a full factory reset in the following way:
- Turn the air purifier on if it is off.
- Hold the power button for about 20 to 25 secs.
- Only release the power button once the device is off.
Now, you have to wait for a couple of minutes while the air purifier resets itself and turns back on. Check filter indicator light it should be off now and the purifier should start working.
Touch Screen Not Working
A lot of customers that used genuine replacement filters had a lot of trouble turning on the air purifier. There are also some users whose air purifiers didn’t work after replacing the old air filter with a new filter.
There are some cases when the filter light remains on after replacing the filter cover. While in other cases, people were able to turn on the air purifier but were not able to use the buttons or the touch screen. When you check filter light, it still glows red.
In all of these cases, the safety latch is the main problem that is the root cause of these issues.
- With their recent models, Levoit introduced a safety latch at the bottom side.
- It is present where the filter cover joins the main body.
- There is a small tab that goes into this latch and the air purifier knows that the filter cover door is closed.
- When the safety latch doesn’t meet with the tab and the filter cover remains opened, then the issue arises with the air purifier and it becomes unresponsive.
It is a really important feature as it stops the fans from spinning while the door is open.
The Easy Fix
You should try the following method:
- Unplug the unit and open the filter
- Locate the safety tab and make sure it isn’t damaged.
- Locate the latch and make sure, there is nothing stuck in it.
- Close the door carefully while making sure the tab goes securely into the latch.
- Plug the purifier back on.
If you’re lucky, these steps should fix your air purifier. Check filter light again and it should be off now. Even if you have tried all of the steps and even replaced the old filter, but still nothing is working then the latch or the purifier is the main culprit. In such as case you should contact Levoit customer service.
Red Air Quality Indicator Not Turning Off
The air quality indicator not turning off is yet another common problem with a Levoit air purifier.
One simple fix is to turn it to the maximum setting to clear the air. If this solution doesn’t work then you can try some other things.
Removing Diffuser or Humidifier
Make sure there is no diffuser or humidifier present near the air purifier. These devices release large particles into the air and the air purifier might be tricked into thinking that the air is not clean.
Choose a Location Away From the Vent:
Another thing is to keep the air purifier away from the vent.
- If it is present close to a vent then the purifier might misread the air quality of the room. Therefore, you should look for any vents blowing air into the air purifier.
- Move the air purifier to a different location, probably in a different room. This will tell you whether the room is too humid or the device is faulty.
- If there is a problem with the air purifier then you can manually reset it by pressing and holding it for 20 secs. This should update the settings the air quality light should turn off.
In the case of a warranty for the air purifier, you can do the following things:
- Register online to extend your one-year warranty to two years. However, make sure to register within 14 days of purchase to be eligible for the extended warranty.
- Even if you’ve missed the 14-day eligibility period, it’s worth trying to register as most issues arise after a year or two.
- If your warranty has expired, contact Levoit customer support to get assistance with fixing the light issue.
- Keep in mind that the LV-PUR131S and LV-PUR131 models are particularly prone to these types of issues.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why is my air purifier light red?
If your air purifier light is red, it could be due to a variety of reasons, but the most common cause is a dirty or clogged filter. When the filter becomes overloaded with particles, the air purifier’s sensor detects a drop in air quality and triggers the red light. To avoid any issues, check filter indicator regularly.
How do I turn off the red light on my Levoit air purifier?
To turn off the light on your Levoit air purifier, you’ll need to replace or clean the filter depending on the model. The red light is triggered by the check filter indicator, indicating a need for maintenance to ensure optimal air purification.
Can you clean a Levoit filter?
Yes, you can clean some Levoit filters. When you check filter indicator and the light is on, try cleaning the filter first before replacing it. Refer to your user manual for specific instructions on how to properly clean your Levoit air purifier filter.
Maintaining optimal indoor air quality with Levoit air purifiers requires taking action when the red light appears. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can proactively clean or replace the filter to ensure your air purifier continues to work effectively.
Have any other questions or concerns about your Levoit air purifier and the dangerous red light? Please let us know in the comments below.