Are you confused about opting between the Levoit 200S vs 300S air purifier? I’m going to reveal everything you need to know about these two air purifiers. Read on as I’ll compare Levoit’s two most competitive products, to help you understand exactly what each unit is capable of providing you. Let’s jump right in!
Levoit Core 200S vs 300S are both smart air purifiers with the following:
- HEPA H13 filtration,
- App control, and,
- Energy Star Qualification.
- Suitable for small to medium rooms.
But there are a few differences between them, like:
- 300S has a higher CADR rating.
- 300S can cover a larger area than 200S.
- The 200S go easy on the purse whereas the other one is comparatively larger and more expensive.
These are just some of the major differences between the two models. If you want to learn more about their design, noise level, power consumption, warranty, and similarities, keep reading. You might be surprised by what you find out.
Let’s check out how they compete with each other in different parameters.
Levoit Core 200S
Levoit Core 300S
183 sq. ft.
219 sq. ft.
24 - 48 dB
22 - 50 dB
8.1" x 8.1" x 12.6"
8.7" x 8.7" x 14.2"
HEPA H13 with HEPASmart™ Technology
Large Particles Sensor:
Air Quality Indicator:
Sleep Mode and Night Light:
Display Lock and Display Off:
Timer and Filter Reset Indicator:
An Insight into Positives and Negatives of Levoit Core 200S
If you are looking for compact and affordable air purifiers that can keep your small room fresh and healthy, you might want to consider the Levoit 200S.
Before you make a decision, you should be aware of some of the benefits and drawbacks of this choice:
- Compact and lightweight design.
- True HEPA pre-filter.
- Smart app control and voice assistant integration.
- Quiet operation and sleep mode.
- Affordable price and low maintenance cost.
- Doesn’t feature a particle sensor.
- No HEPASmart™ technology or UV-C light.
An Insight into Positives and Negatives of Levoit Core 300S
The Levoit 300S is a smart and small air purifier that can handle normal-sized rooms with ease. It has a true HEPA filter with HEPASmart™ technology (statically charged fibers used to boost filtration), a particle sensor, an auto mode, and an atmospheric quality reflector.
Let’s some of the benefits and drawbacks of this choice:
- Larger room coverage and greater CADR rating.
- True HEPA H13 filtrate with HEPASmart™ technology.
- Particle sensor and air quality signal.
- Automatic mode and filter reset pointer.
- Smart app control and voice assistant integration.
- Lower power consumption and Energy Star Qualification.
- Slightly larger and heavier than 200S
- More expensive than the competitor.
Which One Has Better Room Coverage?
The Core 300S can cover up to 219 square feet, making it suitable for medium-sized rooms such as bedrooms, living rooms, or offices. The Core 200S can cover up to 183 square feet, which is ideal for small rooms such as kids’ rooms, kitchens, etc.
Winner: If you have a larger space to purify, the Core 300S is the better choice.
Which One Has Better CADR?
If you’re looking for something with a better CADR rating, we recommend Levoit’s 300S. Area coverage is also improved in the 300 models.
- The Core 300S has a CADR of 141 cubic feet per minute, while the Core 200S has a CADR of 118 cubic feet per minute.
- The 300 has a CADR of 134 for dust, 126 for smoke, and 154 for pollen.
- The 200 has a CADR of 109 for dust, 98 for smoke, and 104 for pollen.
Winner: If you want faster and more thorough air purification, the Core 300S is the best option.
Which One Has Better Power Consumption?
Another difference between both of them is the amount of energy they consume.
- Despite having higher performance, the Core 300S has more energy efficiency than the Core 200S.
- It uses only 26 Watts of power at the maximum fan speed. While the Core 200S uses 37 Watts.
- This means that the Core 300S can save you some money on your electricity bill in the long run.
Winner: If you want to save energy and money, the Core 300S is the best pick.
Which One Has a Better Noise Level?
The noise level of both models is relatively similar:
- For the Core 200S: Ranging from 24 to 48 dB
- For the Core 300S: From 22 to 50 dB
- Both models have a sleep mode and a night light that can be turned off for a quiet and dark environment.
- The noise level depends on the fan speed and the air quality, so you may want to adjust it according to your preference and comfort.
Winner: If you want a slightly quieter air cleaner, the Core 200S is the best option.
Which One Has Better Technology and Automation?
Both the 200S and 300S models are Wi-Fi enabled. With connectivity, their VeSync lets you connect and control them from anywhere in your home via smartphone – so you can enjoy cleaner healthier air anytime, anywhere. You can use voice commands through Alexa or Google Assistant.
You can adjust the
- Fan speed,
- Set a timer,
- Monitor the air quality, and
- Receive filter replacement reminders from your smartphone or smart speaker.
The app can also create schedules and scenes to automate your air purification according to your preferences. But, what gives an edge to 300S is the laser sensor for detecting minute harmful particles and a timer function that allows you to set running duration.
Winner: If you want a more advanced and smart air purifier, the Core 300S is the better choice.
If you want to see how the Levoit Core 200S works in action, you can watch this YouTube review.
Which One Has Better Design, Size, and Weight?
The Levoit Core 200S and 300S have a similar cylindrical design with a white body and a black top. They both have a 360-degree air intake and a top air outlet.
- The main difference between them is their size and weight.
- The Levoit Core 200S is smaller and lighter than the Levoit Core 300S.
- The 200S measures 8 x 8 x 12.6 inches and weighs 6.61 pounds.
- While the Levoit Core 300S measures 9.3 x 9.3 x 14.4 inches and weighs 8.82 pounds.
- The Levoit Core 300S also has a larger display panel with more buttons than the Levoit Core 200S.
- Both of them do not have wheels or handles. You will have to move them by hand.
Winner: If you have limited space or need to move the air cleaner frequently, the Core 200S is the better choice.
If you want to see how the smart feature of Levoit Core 300S works in action removing pet fur, pet odors, and cooking smells, you can watch this YouTube review.
Which One Has Better Warranty and Certifications?
Both the Levoit Core 200S and 300S come with a two-year warranty that can be extended by 1 additional year if you register your product on the Levoit website.
They are also certified by
- CARB (California Air Resources Board),
- FCC (Federal Communications Commission),
- ETL(Electrical Testing Laboratories), and
- CA PROP 65 (California Proposition 65).
These certifications ensure that the air purifiers are safe, reliable, and compliant with the standards for ozone emissions, electromagnetic interference, electrical safety, and toxic substances.
Winner: If you want to have more peace of mind and assurance, the warranty and certifications are the same for both models so I will call it a draw.
What are the Similar Features They Share?
While the Levoit Core 200S and 300S have some differences, they also have many features in common that make them both great choices for improving your indoor air quality. Some important details are listed below:
- Filtration Process: Both models use a specially-designed, highly efficient HEPA-activated carbon filter that captures 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns. The filter not only cleans the air but also freshens it.
- Design: Both models have a sleek and compact design that fits any room. They also have a touch control panel and a LED display that shows the fan speed and timer settings.
- Smart App: Both models have smart features that allow you to control them remotely via the VeSync app. You can also use voice commands with Alexa or Google Assistant to turn them on or off, change the fan speed, set a schedule, or check the filter status.
- Automation: Both are energy-efficient models with an auto mode that alters the fan speed according to the air quality level detected by the built-in smart sensor. They also have a sleep mode that lowers the noise levels and dims the display for a quiet and comfortable night.
- Panel: Both the Levoit 200S and 300S have a similar feature panel on the top of the devices. They have a touchscreen display that shows the fan speed, timer, sleep mode, and night light settings.
- Indicators: They also have a filter reset indicator that reminds you when to change the filter. You can easily control these features by tapping on the icons or using the VeSync app or voice commands.
The only difference between the two models is that the 300S has an additional air quality indicator that shows the current air quality level with a color-coded ring.
Final Decision: Which One is Worth the Money?
You have seen how the Levoit Core 200S vs 300S differ in various aspects, such as room coverage, CADR, power consumption, noise level, technology and automation, design, size, weight, warranty, and certifications. But which one is the best new air purifier for you?
Let’s find out in this final comparison:
- CADR Rating: The Core 300S has a larger coverage (219 sq. ft. vs 183 sq. ft.) and a higher CADR (141 CFM vs 118 CFM) than the Core 200S, meaning it can purify the air faster and better.
- Weight: A minor difference is that the Core 300S is slightly bigger and heavier than the Core 200S, which might matter if you have limited space or need to move it often.
- Price: The Core 300S is more expensive than the Core 200S ($150 vs $90 on Amazon), but I think it is worth it for the better performance and features.
However, I think these drawbacks are minor compared to the benefits it offers. Therefore, I recommend the Levoit Core 300S as the best air purifier for you.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the difference between Levoit 200S and 300S?
The difference between Levoit 200S and 300S is that the 300S has more coverage, CADR, sensor, mode, and filter than the 200S. It also uses less energy.
What is the difference between Core 200 and 300?
The biggest difference between Core 200 and 300 is that the 300 can cover more area than the 200.
Is the Levoit 300S Worth It?
The 300S is worth it for more power, efficiency, smartness, protection, design, size, and weight than the 200S.
Does Levoit Core 200S produce ozone?
No, the 200S does not produce ozone. It has no ionizer or UV-C light. It is safe and eco-friendly.
The Levoit 200S and 300S have some differences that you have seen. They are both excellent choices for improving your air quality. They have effective and reliable filters that can remove airborne pollutants. The best air purifier for you depends on what you want and need.
I like the Levoit Core 300S air purifier more because it has a better HEPA filter and smart AI features that work with voice commands.
But the 200S is also a good option if you need a smaller and cheaper air purifier.
Which one you should buy depend only on your preferences and area coverage needs.